The American Dream Issue 2015
- All sales are final, no refunds.
ABOUT THE ISSUE:
What’s the new American Dream? For our April 2015 issue, we asked dozens of our favorite artists, chefs, designers and utopians how they redefine and subvert our country’s founding ideals. Here’s what’s inside...
- Kanye West, not content to confine himself to the American Dream, tells us his “world dream” — and curates our cover story, pairing his own words with the gorgeous photography of Jackie Nickerson
- Alexa Chung gives us her first-ever feature as a photographer, offering shots of her glamorous crew from NYC to the Maldives
- Eddie Huang, the man behind Baohaus and Fresh Off the Boat, talks race with Jeezy
- Broad City’s Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer tell us how they carved their own path through the comedy world
- Members of five utopian communities show us how life in America could be more free, more sustainable and more beautiful
- Questlove interviews Roy Choi and Daniel Patterson, two chefs who are bringing healthy, affordable fast food to working-class neighborhoods
- 2 Chainz talks legalization, voting rights and fatherhood — and invites us to his Greater Atlanta home for a shoot with his daughters
- Iris Apfel lends her legendarily sharp wit to the issue of older women reemerging as fashion muses
- Tommy Hilfiger examines his “preppy-everything” ethos over lunch with our own Mickey Boardman
- And our 2015 Beautiful People portfolio introduces you to 13 inspiring Americans (and one Canadian, for just a bit of perspective) — including Boyhood star Ellar Coltrane, trans model Hari Nef and pop princess Zendaya