Use Your Voice Issue 2015
- All sales are final, no refunds.
ABOUT THE ISSUE:Miley Cyrus has lived a staggering number of lives in her 22 years. The latest: figurehead of the Happy Hippie Foundation, a nonprofit created to help homeless, LGBT and other at-risk youth. She’s perfect for the cover of our summer music issue, which this year is focused entirely on musicians who leverage their art and their celebrity to make the world a better place. Hence the name: Use Your Voice.
In addition to our cover story’s mind-blowing visuals — creative directed by Diane Martel, who directed the “We Can’t Stop” video — the issue features…
- A photo-essay on living legends who’ve spearheaded or supported some of the most important charity events and organizations in pop history: our favorite music stars — including Russell Simmons, Joan Jett, Quincy Jones, Duff McKagan, Alanis Morissette and Bryce and Aaron Dessner — revealing their most urgent causes, the rewards and frustrations of celebrity activism and what we can do to help
- Al Gore and Pharrell Williams chatting with us about Live Earth Road to Paris
- Profiles of five female DJ/producers who have spent years busting up the boys’ club that is electronic music
- Three out-and-proud country stars sharing their coming-out stories
- Charli XCX, Cody Simpson and Troye Sivan telling us how they use their voices to effect change
- A fashion story on French pop singer Petite Meller, who reveals her dream of taking “all the desires and the fantasies and expos[ing] them.”
- A lunch date between our own Mr. Mickey and fashion dynamo Betsey Johnson
All this and more in our Use Your Voice issue. Get ready to get inspired.