Luxe in Flux Issue 2015
- Each cover is sold separately
- $10 for issue + shipping
All sales are final, no refunds
Jeremy Scott and Olivier Rousteing, the young creative directors behind Moschino and Balmain, personify the changing face of luxury. For our dual September covers, we shot them with their muses — Scott with South Korean pop star CL, Rousteing with the one and only Jennifer Lopez — and we asked all of them what luxury means in 2015.
Also in the issue…
- The Luxury of Privacy: Whistleblower Chelsea Manning speaks with five artists and activists about freedom in the surveillance age
- The Luxury of Water: We look at the perplexing state of our global water supply, zooming in on California, India and Brazil and talking with CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta
- The Luxury of Time: Kathy Griffin offers a hilarious peek at the work ethic that has landed her in The Guinness Book of World Records
- The Luxury of a Pair: YouTube sensations the Rhodes Brosdress up in Dsquared2, the brainchild of identical twins Dan and Dean Caten, and we interview the four of them
- Luxe Beauty: Fashion blogger Arabelle Sicardi surveys 13 of the world’s weirdest beauty treatments (foreskin facial, anyone?)
- The Luxury of Open Borders: we take a trip to Cuba for an on-the-ground look at how “normalization” is impacting our neighbor to the south
- The Luxury of Deprivation: A visit to new-age mecca Esalen gets us thinking about the strange ritual of paying a king’s ransom to give up technology and creature comforts
- And let’s not forget straight-up luxury, with features on Proenza Schouler, Givenchy, design-architecture duo Roman and Williams and it-model Issa Lish, as well as a lunch date with our own Mickey Boardman and Alexander Wang
All this and much, much more (Run the Jewels! B. Akerlund! Gorgeous fashion stories!) in our 31st –anniversary issue.